The new software update adds additional information to the menu, improves user-friendliness provides greater stability.
The update will be rolled out throughout Switzerland in two waves on 6 and 8 December 2016. You don’t need to do anything to receive the update – it will be rolled out automatically within 24 hours (provided that the box is connected to the cable network and mains) and includes the following new features:
- Failed recordings are no longer referred to as “recorded” but rather marked as “attempted on (date)“:
Attempted on (date)
- A confirmation message is now displayed after the desired recording has been successfully programmed:
- The recording date of the respective programme is now displayed in the “My recordings” menu. The recording date and time are displayed for series:
Recording dateRecording time
Manually cancelled recordings are no longer marked as “partially recorded”.
The box now calls up the metadata of the scheduled programme 15 minutes before it is due to start in order to update any changes, e.g. a later start time. This prevents the start of recordings being cut or in the wrong place.
NB: the default buffer time before a recording is still one minute.
Programmes that have already been deleted will no longer be recorded.
- By pressing the “Back” button in the open programme bar, the menu now disappears directly. In the old software version, you were taken to the main menu and had to close it separately.
Replay/Video on Demand:
- The title, season and episode number of the series in question are displayed in the On Demand overview, the content information and programme bar, among other places:
On Demand overviewContent informationProgramme bar
- Introduction of a page navigation feature in the TV guide, making it easier to search using the “CH” + / - button (channel search button).
Wetter.com (weather app)
Deutsche Welle (video app)
Dance Trippin’ (music app)
Radio Paradis (music app)
Baeble Music (music app)
Tetris (game app)
Sudoku (game app)
Foody.tv (food videos)
Technical preparations for activation of the Netflix and YouTube Leanback apps.